Gift The Goop – spoil your favourite gardener, not the gift!
£21.00 – £129.00
The Goop is a living product, and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week before use. This gift option allows your recipient to get it via email on the date of your choosing (like Christmas or their birthday) and you don’t risk it spoiling under the tree (we’ve checked – you would not want that O.O).
Enter the email of your recipient below and when you want them to receive it. It will email them a code which they will use to purchase The Goop with. Mention this to them in your Christmas card so that it doesn’t get missed in their spam folder!
Instructions for use:
- Organism count (this is guidance only, each batch will come with its individual certificate. We are constantly striving to improve this product.):
- Fungi - 1000 micrograms per ml.
- Nematodes - 2100 per ml.
- If you're using other compost and mulches, you definitely have bacteria already, and perhaps some protozoa. This product complements the soil food web with two of the elements which take longer to establish.
- This is a highly concentrated product, and in agricultural setting we would use 14 litres on a hectare of land. A litre would cover 714m2, 500ml would cover 357m2, 200ml is good for 143, and 100ml - about 70m2.
- In a gardening setting we would advise to drench up to 1m3 of soil mix with 200ml, but you are welcome to dilute it as far as the above values. We have found that in our 5 hectare test field, after a single application, the population of nematodes grew 200 times in two weeks. As long as the microbes have the right conditions, they will multiply.
- We are yet to perform trials which would give us definite answers on the best ratios of dilution, so if you were to keep a record and share it with us, it would be beneficial.
- Please keep it in a fridge after it arrives and use it within a week, or straight away. The fungi will keep longer, but the nematodes will start dying after that time in the fluid.
- In order to use, simply mix with water in a watering can, or other vessel. Rinse out the bottle into it. The Goop mixes almost instantly.
- This is suited for all plants beyond brassicas. Brassicas and other plants which don't work well with fungi may suffer. Veggies, grasses, shrubs and trees will benefit from the fungal component.
- Due to its concentration, please treat it as if it were a hazardous chemical - wash your hands after use, and don't touch your mouth or eyes. There are organisms in compost which may be detrimental to human health, although we do all we can to exclude them.
Growing plants using fertilisers has for the longest time been the easy option - just pour it on, and they grow. Making compost, and preparing organic amendments is time consuming and a bit of an art. This product is aimed at turning this around.
If you already make compost, chances are you may have protozoa and for sure, many bacteria (we know, we’ve checked). What most composts lack is a good dose of fungi, and beneficial nematodes. This product is a concentrate of both, and is the result of a focused development process with many trials and errors before we reached it. It is designed to make best use of the nutrients in your growing medium, the parent soil material or a mix of mineral soil and organic matter.
Bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes are needed to allow your plants to grow to their fullest potential. If you are here you probably know that you can grow them out in compost and leaf mould, but if you don’t have the time to wait, the microscopy skills, or just would rather skip the steep learning curve and just get on with it, this product is for you.
The soil food web when complete is capable of providing your plants all the nutrients they need and when they need them without our interference.
Because the microbes don’t have hands, to prevent getting washed away they produce glues, and form soil micro and macro aggregates. This helps with water infiltration and storage, allowing for a more efficient use of this resource. The structure thus built also helps keep the soil aerobic, where the microbes and plant roots have access to oxygen. This prevents the creation of conditions in which diseases have a chance to take over.
Soil rich in fungi has a suppressive effect on weeds. You may also want to know that brassicas would also have a problem in these conditions. To that effect, this product is not suited for that group of plants. All other plants - most vegetables, grasses (including hemp) and fruit will benefit from the addition of fungi into their growing mix.
Lastly, the cherry on top. When the growing medium reaches about 1.6 fungal to bacterial biomass ratio the system has the maximum potential for long term storage of carbon in the soil.
When you buy this product you are supporting research into replacing all agrochemicals from food production with beneficial biology, which in turn will make all of your food organic by default, remove water pollution and allow soils to store carbon from the atmosphere.
All care is taken to create conditions where pathogens don’t survive our composting process, but as with any living product, please wash your hands, avoid ingestion and contact with eyes. In case it occurs, wash with plenty of water. We also take care to avoid all plant pests and pathogens from taking hold, but due to the nature of the maturation process we cannot guarantee none have ended up in the product. We advise you have your own integrated pest management in place at all times. Use at your own risk, but let us know of any issues. We have a no questions asked 30 day guarantee covering the cost of the product.
100ml, 200ml, 500ml, 1000ml